Monday, November 8, 2010

What I did before...

1st year


When I went to Mechelen I had no experience at all in designing. Although I was quickly getting right into the rythm of designing and it became hard to take distance of it afterwards. In the first year I had 2 practical courses; interior design in general and presentation. By slightly building up the assignments I learnd drawing plans by hand and in vectorworks, sketching in perspective, making presentations and models, although we had to do a lot on our own. I especially likes the assignment about remixing a toy to a different kind of object. By putting a candle on a little childrens' trompet I made the cover of the flyer for the opening op the exhibition of our designs in the toymuseum (although I didn't know till I got a flyer dropped in my hand). MUSIC FOR LIGHT was the most simple object I created, but one of the nicest too.




An assignment of interior design that I liked was PUZZELBOX. A space of 6 by 11 metres where we had to create a workplace where people can work 24 hours a day. The other functions as sleeping, eating, washing had to be in it too, but in a smaller amount. I had centred all these functions in a yellow box where students can work around it seperatly and in group. The kitchen was leading to the outside where people could sit on a bench. The goal of this assignment was working around minimalism and ergonomics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment